A blogger friend of mine posts five things she's grateful for every Friday. She has talked me into doing the same so here goes!
1. Cooler days! Summer is drawing to a close and today is only supposed to get to about 80 degrees. It's almost noon and just 72 outside, so I'm planning on keeping the windows open all day - no air conditioning! My dog Tally is also loving being able to wander in and out as she pleases.
2. My son Chris has a new place to live. He needed to be out of his current home by today. The place he had lined up earlier in the week fell through and he and his two new roommates were scrambling to find somewhere. They were able to find a house that fits their needs in Alameda and they can move in right away.
3. I didn't have to pay at WeightWatchers this morning! I have managed to stay at my goal weight so I am free!
4. I am grateful for the person who left a big bag of apples on my doorstep yesterday (my neighbor I think). A sign that fall is truly here. I can almost taste the apple pies, cakes, and butter that are most definitely in my future! What else should I make with them?
5. My stepdaughter - it is her birthday on Tuesday. Happy Birthday Christi! Plus, I am grateful for the precious grandson that her and her husband Al have given us - I got to babysit him for a whole day this week!